Happy Monday beautiful people and hope your week is off to a great start.
My weekend went from amazing to blah like in 10 seconds I feel like. And for once I am doing what I can do to not stay in a funk. Usually when I get in a funk, I find myself emotionally eating and just staying in the bed, no productivity whatsoever. Last night, I decided to write out a couple of random things that I am grateful for and I immediately felt a breath of fresh air. I went to sleep with a smile on my face, ready to take on the new week. And now that I have a little time to myself this morning, figured I would share with you all today.
So here are the 10 things that I’m grateful for:
Continue reading “10 THINGS I’M GRATEFUL FOR”
WOW, we have just four days left in 2018! I like to reflect on my previous resolutions I made before the New Year and come up with some goals for the year ahead. You can see what my resolutions were for the beginning and end of 2018. I wasn’t going to post my resolutions until Monday but I decided to partake in #NationalGoalWritingDay which was created by Marcus Gilmore, who I went to college with. (Learn more here.)
My 2018 did not quite begin as I thought it would. I had just found out, I was pregnant, but had no idea what I was in for. To some extent, I let that get in the way of what I wanted to accomplish, which is no excuse, but I felt it kind of put a hindrance on my drive. I plan on making up for that in 2019, doing it for my little man of course 🙂
Let’s go ahead and get into my goals for 2019, ready to put myself out there.
2019 G O A L S
- STRENGTHEN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. I would say I have a pretty good relationship with God and I want it to be even stronger. I am Muslim and we pray 5 at least fives times a day. I don’t always do it, but when I do I feel amazing. I have a great workplace that provides me a private area to do my prayers, so that is very helpful. I just want to feel a stronger connection with Him. He is key to me being better as a whole.
- ENJOY MOTHERHOOD. I’m a new mom and I’m going to stop being so hard on myself. I think there’s this pressure for new moms to juggle everything and to be perfect. That is just not life, so yeah I’m going to enjoy motherhood, and learn from any mistakes that I happen to make.
- SELF-CARE. I want to do more for myself and I’m not talking about hair, makeup, and nails. That is what I used to classify as setting time aside for myself. I just want a day where there’s no husband, no baby … it is just me. Whether I’m going on a walk, I take myself to dinner, go to the spa, or just stay on the couch all day binge-watching Netflix. That is self-care for me. And I promise myself I will do more of it.
- BUILD+GROW MY GIRL TRIBE. I am so serious about building + growing my girl tribe. I am realizing that it is so important to have other women around that want to do greater things outside of their 9-to-5 job. So why not get together and network, it’ll be a way for us to uplift one another. This is part of the reason why I started the who girl tribe thing! Hey, even if I don’t know you and you want to hang out shoot me a DM or an e-mail! I’ll get back to you and we can link up!
- GROW BLOG+MEDIA CONTENT. I want to grow this blog into something M A J O R and always tell myself this in my head. It is kind of hard to put it out there because it can be a little intimidating? It’s like who are you kidding? This blog is special to me and they say to focus on one thing, but I refuse to. I have way too many interests that I want to share my thoughts on. So, sorry not sorry, I will not just focus on one thing.
- SCHEDULE BLOG POST. I want to schedule my blog post and work on them at least a week in advance. I say this because, I usually have an idea in my head for weeks determining what I am going to blog about, but I never start writing until about a day before or I’m up all night the day of. I don’t want to do that anymore, because my gosh it is stressful. This definitely ties into my next goal.
- STOP PROCRASTINATING. I am a H U G E procrastinator and I’m changing that in 2019. I am determined to make the necessary changes to meet my goals, that is why I am putting myself out there on this blog. That way you guys can hold me accountable, because around this time next year y’all are going to want to see the work that I have put in.
- BE FINANCIALLY DISCIPLINED. I find myself spending money on unnecessary things that I don’t need. I may want it, but I don’t need it. I am going to focus on paying off debt, especially school debt this year. Let’s see how well I do!
- GET BACK TO CROSSFIT. I’m pretty sure that I have done enough of my own CrossFit like workouts outside of a CrossFit box. It is time to find a new box. I plan on trying out a couple of boxes these next few months and really find a one that feels like home. I’m going to make sure to document this as well, just for fun, and so you guys can be jealous and eventually drink the CrossFit kool-aid!
- EAT HEALTHY.
- SAY NO MORE.
- MEET NEW PEOPLE.
- LIVE MY BEST LIFE.
Tell me what your goals are, I’d love to read them. And don’t forget to share this post. XOXO
I love the beginning of things. Whether it’s the beginning of a new week, a new month, or the New Year, it just always feels like a fresh start. December is the month, that we are able to reflect on the past 11 months and set goals for the New Year! I know there are some people out there that say goals and resolutions are pointless, but I am definitely a firm believer in setting goals and having resolutions for the New Year. And I say this because I try and set goals for myself M O N T H L Y! I just feel as though there is always something that one can improve on or try. I always set goals for myself because it helps me work towards what I want in life. I will say sometimes, well the majority of the time, I am a little too laid back which can come off as me being content with where I’m at. And I just need to come at life a bit harder, which is what I plan on doing. I know that it is more challenging now that I am a mom and working full time, but, it is not impossible to get to where I want to be. Never give up, ladies and gentlemen. That being said, there are a couple of things that I would like to achieve in the last few weeks of December and I’ll share them with you guys below. I pray that you all end this year off with a bang, let’s speak it into existence people!!
Workout 5x a week & Continue eating healthy
Row 100k meters – my CrossFit people will get this
Have a calendar layout
Be more social
Now that I have shared my goals for the month, what are yours? I would love to see what you are working towards? Or do you not believe in the whole goal settings?