I was on the phone with one of my best friends this past week talking about absolutely nothing, per usual and out of nowhere she ask … “So, whats next?”
I did not even have an answer for her. Crazy.
With life being so busy and preparing to close on our first home at the beginning of the year, I had no time to sit down and write out my goals. I didn’t even get to host a vision board party. Which was a total bummer.
Is it too late to throw one? I don’t think so … it doesn’t have to be at New Year every time, does it?
Anyways, so today. I thought I would look back on 2020. I first went back to read Ciao|2019|A YEAR IN REVIEW & 2019|It’s been real, bring on 2020. I just wanted to see if there was really growth that has been made.
Top 10 things I noticed. Not in any particular order.
- Mommy guilt still creeps in from time to time. I don’t feel like I’m doing enough for my son
- My social media account has grown tremendously
- I still procrastinate, but slowly but surely learning to use my free time wisely. Especially with a full time job now
- I’m doing a little bit better at saving my money
- Strengthening my relationship with God will always be a work in progress
- This girl right here is FOREVER PROTECTING HER PEACE! Yes Lord.
- My husband and our date nights aren’t ever solo, its always with family or a group of friends
- I’m loving my career right now, so a huge accomplishment for me in 2020
- Reading has definitely tailed off
- NASM certification
So what’s next? I had some time to sit down and write down some goals for the remainder of 2021.
2020 G O A L S
- PRAYER. Having a relationship with God has gotten me through so much, especially while transitioning into being a wife + mother. As Muslims, we pray 5x a day and I struggle with it sometimes and then there are times when I go 3 or 4 months without missing a prayer. Though, it is always on my mind and when I’m on it … life is beautiful. I’ve prayed for things that I longed for and God gave them to me at the right time, just when I needed it, so for that I am thankful.
- MARRIAGE. I truly love my husband. And I’ll be the first one to tell you and yell it from the mountain top, marriage is not easy at all. It is work. You even have the days where you second guess your relationship, but as long as there are two people in the relationship putting in the work … then I believe everything will work out. Also, I just realized that we really don’t date lol. Yes, we may go grab a bite, but baby we need more “us” time. We are always hanging out with a group whether it be family or friends. Good thing is our four year anniversary is next week, so we’re making plans and it’ll be just us! Definitely dating more.
- And I’m going to make it happen.
- ASH. I want to be more present, but I know in his eyes I’m perfect. I’m his Mama. I want to get his bedtime routine back in the mix and even though I’m exhausted I want to take him to the park and play after I pick him up from work. It’s the little things.
- CAREER. I want to enroll back into UNT this fall. I want to get my NASM certification by the end of the summer. Both, very attainable. I also want to figure out whats next for me within my company. I work for an amazing company and couldn’t have asked for a better company to work for, but coming up on my one year in a few and it has me wondering what’s the next step is.
- SELF CARE. I want to continue to take care of me. I want to put Ashraf to bed early and the one or two hours remaining in the evening will belong to me. Whether its reading, snuggling up with Mo, or watching Real Housewives.
- I also did a thing, I started therapy. Though it has been awhile since my last session because of insurance, I’m going to stop being stubborn and find another therapist that aligns with my needs. I’ve learned to protect me peace and keep positive energy around me, so that will forever be a thing for me.
- INFLUENCER LIFE. I just want to keep growing. I feel like I’ve met all of my goals I’ve set for myself. I had the opportunity to work with both Fabletics + Gymshark. I’m over 10K followers. I’m no longer accepting products for the exchange of post, so I’m headed in the right direction I’d say. Now it is time to apply pressure. Post more on both IG and my Blog, and once that is consistent I’ll start using another platform that I have in mind. Continue growing my partnerships with the presents companies I’m working with and make new relationships as well.
- FITNESS + HEALTH. I have yet to step on the scale since January 2021 and I’m fine with it. My workouts have been consistent, but I’ll have to admit … not my diet. Now that Ramadan has passed, I don’t have the leeway to eat whatever, so I have recently teamed up with Eat to Evolve and I really love their “do you” approach. I am just always on the go, so having my meals prepped and ready for the week sent out to me will help me out so much. Listen, I wear too many hats, so cooking will be one less thing on my mind.
- Check out EAT TO EVOLVE and use code BARBELLE15 for a nice discount.
Well that’s all I have for you guys.
My goals seem to be quite similar every year. I feel that is because I want to be build upon what I’ve already achieved, because there truly is and will always be room for improvement. So yeah I guess that’s what next!
Do you have goals that you have set for yourself this year? Or do you think it’s cliche.
Till next time beauties!