It is crazy to believe that there are only four days left in 2019. Time has definitely flown by, I feel like I was just writing my adieu to 2018 and setting my goals for 2019! Now if you follow me faithfully on Instagram, then you know I am a sucker for a fresh start. And being that today is National Goal Writing Day, I took a few moments to reflect on my goals for 2019 (2018|It’s been real, bring on 2019!) so that I can approach 2020 with a better plan, feel free to take a look at my year in review here before you continue on. Well lets go ahead and get into it, my 2020 goals (Ahhh sounds so crazy just saying it, I remember when 2000 like it was yesterday lol) !!!
2020 G O A L S
- FAITH. God will always be number one and I will always try to strive to better a Muslim. That entails a lot of things, but my main focus this year is prayer. Once I get that down, I truly believe every thing I want to accomplish spiritually will fall into place.
- PROTECT MY PEACE.That encompasses many things from continuing doing things for myself, saying no more, not living up to any else expectations, but my own,and the list goes on.
- DATE NIGHTS WITH MY HUSBAND. I know I only talk about my husband in my updates with Ash, but I really want to experience and do more with my husband. We get so caught up in Ash and the daily duties that coming home relaxing from work and running errands on the weekends is considered dating for us. I just want to take a moment to remember to get out of the house and enjoy a day or even an evening alone with my main squeeze.
- BE MORE PRESENT WITH ASH. As a mother, I don’t think I will ever feel as though I am doing everything that I can for him. And the mom guilt will always be there, but I know everything I do is for him. I just want to make sure that I find more activities for us to do, because I’m all about making memories.
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. I’m planning to aggressively tackle on the whole job search thing it is time for a new career, preferably in the health and wellness industry. And if not, that’s completely fine. I am scheduled to take my certified personal trainer exam at the end of January, so it’ll definitely be my side hustle. If you are in the Dallas Fort Worth area and you are looking for a trainer …. I’m your girl!
- READ MORE. I love to read just about anything, my favorite series of course is Harry Potter. I am challenging myself to read 15 books this year, so look out for my first book club post to see what my first book will be.
- TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THE DAYS I HAVE NOTHING PLANNED. Instead of having to clean, do laundry, and get my home back in order on days I have to do nothing, I want to be able to actually do something fun. That can be anywhere from laying at home in my pajamas, taking Ash to the park, or brunch with hubby (see how my goals fit into one another). So your girl needs to stay organized in order to make this happen, planner has been ordered too!!
- GROW ON SOCIAL MEDIA. I have gotten a tiny taste of what being consistent on my social media platforms will get you. I know what it takes to grow and I just have to do it. I know that this means I will need to blog weekly, collaborate with companies and other bloggers, get out more and network. So a huge thank you to you all who have been supporting me, I am planning on producing more content for you guys. Stay tuned!
- BE ON TIME. Everyone knows that I am not on time and it is even worse now that I have Ash. I plan on making a conscious effort to being on time and showing up to events that I RSVP.
- RUN A 9 MINUTE MILE. At the beginning of 2019 my mile time was 21 minutes and 23 seconds and I’m ending the year off at a mile time of 12 minutes and 1 sec. I plan on killing my 2020 fitness goals even more because I am finally at a good spot.
- VOLUNTEER + COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT. I want to give back to the community. I don’t know where I will start, but when I’m gone I want to go knowing that I did something positive for someone that is a complete stranger to me and that I helped them in some way.
- Say goodbye to FOMO. I have to say no more. Whether it is to family or friends, I have to say no. There are many times where I had planned to just not do anything, but the minute someone ask me to go somewhere I’m all in. I need to sit down, so that I can work on me and my goals. The fear of mission out is real.
- FINANCIAL STABILITY. I plan on cutting a huge chunk of my debt off and save more. If anyone has any suggestions on books, please send my way.
- NO MORE SELF-DOUBT. I tend to not go after things, because I feel as if there are people out there already doing what I want to do or simply that someone else is better than me. And as I said before, there is room for me at the table. I am fully capable of achieving my goals.
I know that some of these goals may seem similar to my 2019 goals, but there will always be room for improvement. And I am more hungry than I have ever been. I feel like tiger blood is running through my veins right now. Now that I have my goals listed out, it is time to make a plan, create my vision board, and then tackle them. Thank you for taking time out of your day to read my goals for the upcoming New Year.
I challenge you to participate in National Goal Writing Day or just share your own NY resolution in the comments below so that we can all hold one another accountable.
CIAO FOR NOW, XOXO.