Happy Monday beautiful people and hope your week is off to a great start.
My weekend went from amazing to blah like in 10 seconds I feel like. And for once I am doing what I can do to not stay in a funk. Usually when I get in a funk, I find myself emotionally eating and just staying in the bed, no productivity whatsoever. Last night, I decided to write out a couple of random things that I am grateful for and I immediately felt a breath of fresh air. I went to sleep with a smile on my face, ready to take on the new week. And now that I have a little time to myself this morning, figured I would share with you all today.
So here are the 10 things that I’m grateful for:
- Fajr. A prayer performed in the morning before the sun rises. This time is so special to me, because no one is awake. I get to have a private conversation with God and talk everything out with the Most High.
- CrossFit. This is really my chance to set the tone for the day. There’s no worrying about hubby or baby. I wake up around 4:30 in the morning and I’m out the door by 4:50. It may not seem like something to be excited about, but it is literally is my happy place … a place just for me. I hate whenever I don’t make it in the mornings, because it throws my day off. The coaches and the community at my box play a big role in my feels and I’m so thankful. Oh and I was named athlete of the month, so yeah shout out to me and definitely clapping for myself.
- Family. I’ve noticed that there are families out there that are not tight knit, there are siblings that don’t get along whatsoever, and even those that rather spend their friends instead of family. When I say my family is my everything, they are. I love that we get together for basically any and everything. Regardless of the situation we are always there for one another. Of course we fight, but we always talk it out, and move on. My family is pretty much my backbone and it is such an important part of me.
- Being able to carry and have Ash, a true gift.
- My husband for being a great father. He’s amazing with Ash. I have so many things that I am trying to venture into and he’s been a great help, 85% of the time anyways lol.
- My friends. Always there, letting me vent, and pushing me to go after my goals.
- Clean water. Being able to drink water without a second thought is something I think a lot of us take for granted.
- Rejection. Makes me push harder, no letting up.
- Gaining confidence. I am slowly putting myself out there, it feels very uncomfortable I might say, but fulfilling at the same time ( I have a long way to go though)
- Choosing happiness. There are so many silent battles we all face and I’m grateful that I’ve chose to make sure that I take care of me. Instead of sulking and staying down, I hold my head high and keep it moving.
What are some things that you are thankful for? Share with me below, I’d love for you to share. Thank you all so much for reading.