WOW, we have just four days left in 2018! I like to reflect on my previous resolutions I made before the New Year and come up with some goals for the year ahead. You can see what my resolutions were for the beginning and end of 2018. I wasn’t going to post my resolutions until Monday but I decided to partake in #NationalGoalWritingDay which was created by Marcus Gilmore, who I went to college with. (Learn more here.)
My 2018 did not quite begin as I thought it would. I had just found out, I was pregnant, but had no idea what I was in for. To some extent, I let that get in the way of what I wanted to accomplish, which is no excuse, but I felt it kind of put a hindrance on my drive. I plan on making up for that in 2019, doing it for my little man of course 🙂
Let’s go ahead and get into my goals for 2019, ready to put myself out there.
2019 G O A L S
- STRENGTHEN MY RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD. I would say I have a pretty good relationship with God and I want it to be even stronger. I am Muslim and we pray 5 at least fives times a day. I don’t always do it, but when I do I feel amazing. I have a great workplace that provides me a private area to do my prayers, so that is very helpful. I just want to feel a stronger connection with Him. He is key to me being better as a whole.
- ENJOY MOTHERHOOD. I’m a new mom and I’m going to stop being so hard on myself. I think there’s this pressure for new moms to juggle everything and to be perfect. That is just not life, so yeah I’m going to enjoy motherhood, and learn from any mistakes that I happen to make.
- SELF-CARE. I want to do more for myself and I’m not talking about hair, makeup, and nails. That is what I used to classify as setting time aside for myself. I just want a day where there’s no husband, no baby … it is just me. Whether I’m going on a walk, I take myself to dinner, go to the spa, or just stay on the couch all day binge-watching Netflix. That is self-care for me. And I promise myself I will do more of it.
- BUILD+GROW MY GIRL TRIBE. I am so serious about building + growing my girl tribe. I am realizing that it is so important to have other women around that want to do greater things outside of their 9-to-5 job. So why not get together and network, it’ll be a way for us to uplift one another. This is part of the reason why I started the who girl tribe thing! Hey, even if I don’t know you and you want to hang out shoot me a DM or an e-mail! I’ll get back to you and we can link up!
- GROW BLOG+MEDIA CONTENT. I want to grow this blog into something M A J O R and always tell myself this in my head. It is kind of hard to put it out there because it can be a little intimidating? It’s like who are you kidding? This blog is special to me and they say to focus on one thing, but I refuse to. I have way too many interests that I want to share my thoughts on. So, sorry not sorry, I will not just focus on one thing.
- SCHEDULE BLOG POST. I want to schedule my blog post and work on them at least a week in advance. I say this because, I usually have an idea in my head for weeks determining what I am going to blog about, but I never start writing until about a day before or I’m up all night the day of. I don’t want to do that anymore, because my gosh it is stressful. This definitely ties into my next goal.
- STOP PROCRASTINATING. I am a H U G E procrastinator and I’m changing that in 2019. I am determined to make the necessary changes to meet my goals, that is why I am putting myself out there on this blog. That way you guys can hold me accountable, because around this time next year y’all are going to want to see the work that I have put in.
- BE FINANCIALLY DISCIPLINED. I find myself spending money on unnecessary things that I don’t need. I may want it, but I don’t need it. I am going to focus on paying off debt, especially school debt this year. Let’s see how well I do!
- AFFILIATE MARKETING. I don’t know 100% how this works, but I plan on finding out, and making it work for me.
- GET BACK TO CROSSFIT. I’m pretty sure that I have done enough of my own CrossFit like workouts outside of a CrossFit box. It is time to find a new box. I plan on trying out a couple of boxes these next few months and really find a one that feels like home. I’m going to make sure to document this as well, just for fun, and so you guys can be jealous and eventually drink the CrossFit kool-aid!
- EAT HEALTHY.
- SAY NO MORE.
- MEET NEW PEOPLE.
- LIVE MY BEST LIFE.
Tell me what your goals are, I’d love to read them. And don’t forget to share this post. XOXO